Friday, June 8, 2007

yumex - yum extender

Installing a package in Fedora using yum is good. It is faster than pirut or pup in GUI. I discovered yumex a while ago. Installing it was trivial :

yum -y install yumex

It is a GUI-front-end for yum but faster than pirut or pup. The Ouput View gives you "what's going on'. I just love it. Try it!.





To make installation packages faster with yum, I highly recommend you to install the following yum plugins :
  1. yum-fastestmirror (yum install yum-fastestmirror)
  2. yum-skip-broken
To see other plugins for yum, please run this command: yum list "yum*"

No comments:

Second monitor no display after latest update - KDE-neon

 After latest update as of Oct 3, 2023, my second monitor was undetected with latest kernel (6.2.0-33-generic). If I boot with previous kern...